Friday, April 6, 2012

Just a good ole regular post :)

I've realized that I've only posted on the blog when I've gone someplace cool. I know this isn't a bad thing, but I wanted to use a blog to let my friends and family know what my life is like in England, not just when I've left hahaha

I'll be starting off on my massive journey next week and I'm super excited, but this week has been a good one as well! When I came back from Budapest I moved in with the VERY hospitable and welcoming Pawley family! I know the Pawley's through their son, John, who I go to St. Andrews with. When I signed up for my exchange program I had completely forgotten that John was actually from Nottingham! Just saying, but I'm gonna give that one up to God! They have had me over to their home several times throughout the semester for lunch and they are now opening their doors to me for the week. Not only that, but they will be letting my friend Laura join us for the weekend. God couldn't have blessed me with nicer people to stay with!

This week has been filled with essay writing, essay writing, shopping for my trip, and essay writing. As fun as that sounds, I'm actually very glad I chose to stay in Nottingham for the first week of April. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the university kicks us out of residence for the month of April, making all of us international students homeless. This is why I'm staying with the Pawleys for the week leading up to my trip. I've been able to get a good bit accomplished, so it will be nice when I get back and don't have mountains of course work!

Tomorrow Laura and I will be joining Evelyn, John's mom, for lunch and in the evening we will be attending a football (or soccer haha) match for the first time!!! We are going to see Nottingham Forest vs. Bristol City! I don't really know what that means but I'm super excited to get my team spirit on!!!! LETS GO NOTTS!!

On Monday, Laura and I leave for England for three days. Then the adventure begins. First stop.....PARIS! Just giving everyone a warning right now...brace yourself for ridiculous amounts of pictures! We'll be hitting up 8 countries in 14 days! CRAZINESSSSSSSS!

I am so grateful for everything that I am getting to do. God has given me more blessings than I deserve, two of those being the best parents in the whole wide world! Can't wait until they are over here with me!!!

Alright Europe, SEE YA SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment